Multivitamins contents a range of Vitamins and Minerals that are essential for human health. A person can get these nutrients from eating a balanced diet and getting sunlight exposures in many cases.
However, as people get older day by day, they may need extra help in consuming enough of Vitamins and Minerals. There are various varieties for this, including:
- Reduced Absorption: According to the research, 10-30 % of older adults do not absorb Vitamins B12 effectively. If a person is not absorbing enough nutrients from their food, that’s when a supplement may help.
- Medication: Some medications can reduce a person’s vitamin levels. For example, Proton Pump inhibitors and metformin can reduce the level of Vitamin B12.
- Physical Training: If a male is over 50 and is very physically active, then they may need additional vitamins and minerals to support their training.
- Reduced Mobility: If a person has a disability or chronic illness, they may not cook fresh foods from scratch or get outdoors quickly. In these cases, it would be more challenging to get enough of some nutrients.
- Limited Diet: A person with dietary restrictions may find it more challenging to get certain nutrients from food, in which case, a supplement may be necessary.
- Age-related Chronic Disease: Conditions such as Osteoporosis may increase a need of nutrients to your body.
However, while some people may benefit from taking the best multivitamin for men, it is essential to note that not everyone needs or benefits from them.
Getting too much of vitamins can be dangerous, besides from this vitamins can also interact with medications. For example, Vitamin K can reduce the impact of warfarin, a medication that prevents blood clotting. Wherever possible, it is best to ask a health care professional to perform blood tests to determine whether a person is need of vitamin supplement or not and, if yes, which nutrients they may need to consume.
Which nutrient elements are known as the best multivitamin sources for men?
While people need to get enough of all the vital nutrients each day, there are some specific nutrients that males over 50 may benefit from taking in particular.
- Vitamin B12
As, a significant percentage of older adults, may not absorb food-bound vitamin B12 efficiently. It may be an excellent nutrient to look for in a multivitamin.
- Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential for getting your health and immune strong. However, many people do not get enough of Vitamin D, and a need of this nutrient increases simultaneously as your body ages.
Some vitamins and minerals are also antioxidants. Antioxidants can help protect against free radicals. Some antioxidants to look for in supplements includes following nutrition fact:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
These nutrients have numerous potential benefits. According to the National Institutes of Health, a combination of Vitamins C and E, Zinc, Copper, Lutein, and Zeaxanthin may slow age-related macular degeneration that is much helpful.
Best Multivitamin for Men
The best multivitamin for men will depend on their particular circumstances, such as their age, any medications they take, their health status, and other factors. A health care professional or physician can advise on this.
The product options below all:
- Contains a various varieties of vitamins and minerals
- Contains doses that are suitable for men
- Have undergone a quality and safety test by a third party
Healthy Rhythms is an innovative two-phase dietary program specially designed to sustain our bio-rhythms. It consists of natural vitamins, minerals, and special herbs divided into two formulas and is mainly known as one of the best multivitamin for men. The morning formula sustains the active phase of our biorhythms and helps you to boosts your body energy levels for daily activities, while in the evening formula sustains the rest phase of biorhythms, bringing our body to relaxation zone and replenishing resources. In 2-3 months, this patented Chrono-biologic complex will help in strengthening your health and vitality. Healthy Rhythms does not only help your body with vitamins and minerals but also energy, health and well-being.
Numerous vitamins and minerals can cause side effects depends upon the daily value of it. For example, some calcium forms may cause gas and bloat, and iron supplements can cause constipation.
Certain nutrients can also be harmful to some people. For example, a multivitamin may:
- Interact with medications or other supplements
- Worsen preexisting conditions
- Increase the risk for some health conditions
- Cause toxicity at high dosages